TAX ASSISTANCE IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
ALL SANTA CLARA CITY LIBRARIES ARE CLOSED
UNTIL MAY 3, 2020
Under guidance from the County Public Health Department in order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus), all libraries are closed until MAY 3, 2020.
Due to the County Public Health restrictions on gatherings and guidelines on social distancing VITA HELP HAS BEEN SUSPENDED AT ALL LOCATIONS.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers provide FREE Income Tax Preparation Assistance to low-income, elderly, disabled and limited English speaking people.
Volunteers may be available at the Santa Clara City Library’s Central Park Library (2635 Homestead Road) on Thursdays and Saturdays after MAY 3, 2020 if the library is allowed to open.
Walk-in assistance only (no appointments).
Please come prepared with the following:
- Social Security cards and/or ITIN documents for you, your spouse, and/or dependents
- Valid photo I.D. for yourself (and your spouse if applicable).
- W-2s for all jobs
- All 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms
- Information for other income such as ride share or other self-employment
- Information for deductions/credits
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- Savings and checking account routing numbers for direct deposit
For more information about this volunteer service, please visit http://earnitkeepitsaveit.org/, or contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040, or visit the website at: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Free-Tax-Return-Preparation-for-You-by-Volunteers